*Click the flying Twitter Bird to follow me on Twitter*

Troy Davis...

How I feel...



I can't lie, Troy Davis' execution shook me to the core. I could not believe that with so much speculation around the case, the State of Georgia still found it in their best interest to murder Troy Davis. It's scary and terrible.

So many question surround Troy's conviction. According to my overstanding of the case, it was full of holes left by eyewitness recantations and lack of DNA evidence at the scene of the crime. Troy Davis was murdered and I'm not too sure it was because he was convicted of allegedly killing an off duty police officer. I can't say for sure why he was murdered under such shaky circumstances but I do know that America's logic has been flawed since day one. This country has a long history of unjustly killing people of color and now Troy is just one dead body to add to the list. Pathetic.

I really don't have much to say on the topic because I am still trying to sort things out in my head. I watched Democracy Now the night Troy was murdered and was amazed (not surprised) to see how many highly intelligent and educated people were in support of Troy. The protesters who stood outside of the prison until Troy's death, were EDUCATED and PEACEFUL people. Some were simply against  the death penalty while others were educated enough to truly believe that Troy was innocent. Although the truth can get lost in the masses, I doubt that many people could be totally wrong about Troy's conviction. So in the end, his death really bothers me.

I think America made a big mistake with this one. RIP Troy Davis

Jonezy

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2011 * Culture Flow * | Powered by Blogger | Template by 54BLOGGER