*Click the flying Twitter Bird to follow me on Twitter*

Occupy Wall Street and Revolution...My Thoughts

I love the recent revolutionary vibe flowing around the world. I want the 60s to re-emerge with some Black Panther Party for Self Defense type of action and some Che Guevera type of thinking. I think that its time for real change in this country--change that you can see and feel. So when the time calls for it, I want to march my way to the front of the line and make a difference for my community and my people. For those who have already begun the fight, more power to you.





Occupy Wall Street Protesters (Photo courtesy of Associated Press)

But I do have to ask one question....

What's up with Occupy Wall Street? I've tried to understand what they are doing and why, but it seems there is no definite cause or expected resolution. Perhaps I need a better explanation of the situation.

In my experience I have found that in order for anyone to take us (as a people) seriously, we must have a plan. We have to define our fight, our enemy and our course of action. I applaud all those who protested over the past several weeks with Occupy Wall Street and those who spent a night in jail after being arrested during Saturday's Brooklyn Bridge brigade (shout out Iz the Truth, Guerrilla Republik Representative). I want the Occupy Wall Street efforts to be successful and create a new culture of change and revolution. I want to participate and bring some of that energy to Delaware (my home state!) but I do not see success as an option without proper organization.

When I scanned the massive crowd of Occupy Wall Street protesters, I saw people holding signs about Troy Davis, unemployment, teacher's wages, big government, war, education, immigration and everything else imaginable. I could not find one central idea, one central group of people from which Occupy Wall Street was born, or one central expected outcome. Hmmm...

We know that people can rally to make changes in the world. We've seen it happen in Egypt, Libya and other parts of the middle east and Europe. Now we see it in America. As an American, I would love to see us take the energy of revolution in New York and create a centralized idea that will achieve one clearly defined outcome. Once we, the people, solve one issue, we can move forward and solve more. But without taking the time to plan, organize and keep focus, we are bound to fail miserably.

I am an advocate for the Occupy Wall Street protests. Each issue is important and each person deserves to have their voice heard. Now is the time to ORGANIZE and make a real change in our government, our communities and the rest of the world. The time is NOW...¡Vive la RevoluciĆ³n!


Jonezy

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2011 * Culture Flow * | Powered by Blogger | Template by 54BLOGGER